RES: The coming Glorious Revolution

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Tue Apr 3 20:36:29 PDT 2001

-----Mensagem original----- De: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]Em nome de Yoshie Furuhashi Enviada em: terça-feira, 3 de abril de 2001 23:54 Para: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Assunto: Re: The coming Glorious Revolution

Dengism & the market reform should be seen as a Chinese version of neoliberalism (= dismantling the iron rice bowls = destroying the welfare state).

Yoshie

-Right. It could also be considered as a NEP that went too far. -I think China will face a serious social crisis if the rates -of GNP growth start to decrease, since a large segment of its -population seems to have not benefited from the prosperity in -the last 20 years However, I lack data to estimate the effect -of those reforms in Ginni coefficient, poverty levels, morbidity -and mortality, etc...maybe Amartaya Sen has made some research -about this?

Alexandre