The coming Glorious Revolution

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Apr 3 21:43:58 PDT 2001

Joshua Howard writes:

>I am neither claiming that he's my favorite philosopher nor always
>used for good, but a Marxism that doesn't take into account Derrida
>(or Adorno, if you like, since his project was similar) and other
>late twentieth century thinkers is bound to be limited in its
>critique and a failure in its practice.

While I don't agree with you on the necessity of constructing "a Marxism that takes Derrida into account" (in that I don't think his philosophy is _that_ important seen from the vantage point of world history, as opposed to that of a war of positions or "philosophic struggles" in intellectual scenes in rich nations & rich zones in poor nations), if you are interested in such a Marxism, here's a journal for you. I just saw the following on the Marxist Literary Group list:

***** _Cultural Logic_ Volume 3, Number 1

Articles

Theodore W. Allen, "'Race' and 'Ethnicity': History and the 2000 Census"

Teresa L. Ebert, "Left of Desire"

John Bellamy Foster, "Global Ecology and the Common Good"

Richard E. Joines, "Contretemps: Derrida's Ante and the Call of Marxist Political Philosophy"

William O'Meara, "Marx's Atheism and the Ideal of Self-Realization"

Kelly Rusinack & Chris Lamb, "'A Sickening Red Tinge': The Daily Worker's Fight Against White Baseball"

Special Section: The Legacies of Michael Sprinker

Editors' Introduction

Alan Wald, "Committed to the End"

Tom Lewis, "Philosophical Realism and the Aesthetic in Michael Sprinker's Literary Criticism"

Jamie Owen Daniel, "Achieving Subjectlessness: Reassessing the Politics of Adorno's Subject of Modernity"

Anthony Jarrells, "Vulgarity Squared: Marxism and the Interest of Taste"

Neil Larsen, "Michael Sprinker Remembered"

Michael Sprinker, "From Prague to Paris: Formalism as a Method of Literary Study"

A Michael Sprinker Bibliography

Volume 3, Number 2

Articles

Special Section: Reclaiming Identity

Editors' Introduction

Paula M. L. Moya, "Introduction: Reclaiming Identity"

Satya P. Mohanty, "The Epistemic Status of Cultural Identity: On Beloved and the Postcolonial Condition"

Susanne Soederberg, "Political Restructuring of Exploitation: An Historical Materialist Account of the Emergence of Neoliberalism in Canada"

Sophia A. McClennen, "Chilex: The Economy of Transnational Media Culture"

Andrew Kurtz, "Repurposing the Workplace: Hegemony and the Contested Spaces of the Internet"

Gregory Meyerson, "Rethinking Black Marxism: Reflections on Cedric Robinson and Others"

Reviews

Fredric Jameson's The Cultural Turn: Selected Writings on the Postmodern 1983-1998 Reviewed by Colin Mooers

Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri's Empire Reviewed by Ronaldo Munck

Edward Said's The End of the "Peace Process": Oslo and After Reviewed by Haidar Eid

Esther Leslie's Walter Benjamin: Overpowering Conformism Reviewed by Mike Wayne

Poetry

Zoë Anglesey, Two Poems

Norman J. Olson, Two Poems

<http://eserver.org/clogic/3-1%262/3-1%262.html> *****

Some of the articles above look interesting.

Yoshie