Global Warming

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 4 18:59:42 PDT 2001

Two dumb arguments, James, bound into one!

1) Every conscientious environmentalist I know argues that the chief culprit is the U.S. (sometimes this is extended to the major industrialized countries in general). So no, the progressive wing of the environmental movement does not "tell" the rest of the world that it must sacrifice living standards while they sit comfortably at home.

2) Yes, the big environmental groups are largely corporate-funded and corporate in outlook. This says nothing about the millions of grassroots activists that are generally more progressive in outlook, and could be swayed to a red-green vision if idiots didn't sit around denouncing them as part of the problem.

When you come up with some honest arguments, feel free to post them.

Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Heartfield" <Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 3:02 AM Subject: Re: Global Warming