Global Warming

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Apr 5 09:57:04 PDT 2001

James Heartfield asks Chris Kromm:

>Let me, if you will, draw out the conclusion of what you are saying. You
>think that the US consumes too much, and I presume would like to see it
>consume less, no? If that's the problem (personally I don't think so)
>then there is only one solution: reduce consumption by cutting wages.

Of course the US consumes way too much -fossil fuels -fossil water -topsoil -military hardware and services (nearly 100% too much) -prison hardware and services (ditto)

none of which reflect, except negatively, on living standards.

and in any case, it doesn't follow that the only way to reduce other forms of consumption is by lowering wages. lowering profits, interest, rent, executive perks, etc. would serve quite as well.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64