strangeness

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Thu Apr 5 19:45:44 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Strangest email of the day, from a car-hater:
>
> > Fellow Americans --
> >
> > Each hour that our airmen remain held in China,
> > American SUV's burn another one-and-a-half
> > million gallons of fuel.
> >
> > How much longer shall we permit this to continue?
>
> Indeed, how much longer?

Well if we go to war against China, there'll probably be a shortage of gasoline, so then SUV sales will drop off. Is that the connection? No that's not it, it doesn't make sense. How about if we didn't have to go overseas to fetch all that oil, then maybe the U.S. could simply seal off the borders like the Taliban - like the Taliban, with nukes - and we wouldn't have to mess with any of those God damned foreigners at all any more?

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net