Global Warming

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 6 15:46:45 PDT 2001

>From: Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com>
>
> > To me the gain in sociability from use in public transport is
> > clear. I ride the New York City Transit Authority daily.
>
>Speaking as an ex-New Yorker, the dirty little secret of NYC is that,
>despite what everyone tells you, the subway, except for the extreme
>peak rush hour, is not the best way to get around town; taxis are. And
>as soon as you can afford it, you take taxis more than the subway.

Gee, that "dirty little secret" is news to me. I've always found the subway a better way of getting around town than taxis. Of course, my daily experience with NYC extends back only to 1974, so I will defer to your no doubt vaster experience.

Mass transit, the stock market, gun ownership for personal protection -- there's no end to your expertise, is there, Jordan?

Carl