The left: still dying (was Re: European Unions)

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sat Apr 7 08:18:05 PDT 2001

Kelley Walker wrote:

> well, i'd like to know just _who_ claims that the academic left thinks it's
> going to change the world writing books that no one but other academics
> read or should read? why are academics supposed to write books for
> non-academic?

I have no idea academics are supposed to write books for, because I work out in the real world. The few times I've tried to read an academic book in the past ten years--I have a Masters degree mind youu--I gave up because the writing was incomprehensible.

The last time I talked to academics about the anti-capitalist movement was when I appeared with Doug before a meeting of the Marxist Literary Group. I left disappointed because they seemed really clueless and uninterested in my accounts of organizing the A16 protests.

Needless to say, I have no respect for or use for the contemporary academic Left.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe