The left: still dying (was Re: European Unions)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Apr 8 08:52:02 PDT 2001

>Candidly, I'm not prepared to handle *any* additional challenge
>right now, Yoshie. My wife and I were just getting ready to move to
>a new house when I got word I was being fired. Right now -- in the
>midst of dumping 20 years' accumulation of household items into
>boxes for the move -- I have energy only to stop by this list
>occasionally to create and demolish straw men. Pretty soon now, I'm
>going to have to disassemble my PC also; it will be a miracle if I
>can remember which wire goes where post-move, and I'm not highly
>confident the cable company is going to get me back online as
>quickly as promised. Who knows, by the time I'm back on the list,
>any taint of scholasticism may well have been expunged from the
>left. Should such occur, my querulous criticisms would be, er,
>academic.
>
>Carl

Hey, all my sympathies for your unemployment, hassles due to the move to a new house, etc. I will be most likely unemployed in summer & am not sure if I'll have a teaching job in the next academic year either. In that event, folks who disagree with me will have one less straw man ("academic Marxist" -- whatever it means) to attack. :-)

Yoshie