AuH20 book

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 8 12:16:17 PDT 2001

Doug was interviewed for the book. As was, sigh, Lou Proyect. http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0102/2647.html Michael Pugliese, in a manic state with the posting....awaiting revolutionary Jacobin, Stalinist Justice. Will cut off my right hand ;-) My Dad, when he was a child had his middle finger (actually just the fingernail)on his right hand kinda mangled when he put it too far in a meat grinder. OUCH! And around the same age was standing behind a wooden fence hole watching a buddy show off his new beebe gun during the WWII yrs. Kid shot a beebe into his left eye. Didn't tell his folks until his Mom said the day after, "Sonny! What's up with your eye?" His vision is something like 20 over 400 in that one. When he joined the US Air Force after Korean War, he cheated by memorizing the eye chart. And he dated Shirley Jones once before she went off to Broadway and the movies. I coulda been David Cassidy, I joke to him. He did not get to first base...Last anecdote about Dad, Uncle was a runner for the #'ers in Pittsburgh. Front was a sandwich shop. Went in once as a ravenous teenager, asked for a hoagie like in the window. Uncle said, "Sonny you don't wanna sandwich. " "Sure I do!" sez Sonny. "Lemme tell you sometin', Sonny..."