The left: still dying (was Re: European Unions)

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Sun Apr 8 16:19:24 PDT 2001

Yoshie Furuhashi:
> You, too, make a living by becoming a wage slave, don't you? Or
> should you quit so as not to be suckered into a "bourgeois
> institution"?

Yes, I suppose I should. But it takes more nerve and physical stamina than I possess to be poor these days. In my youth I could and did sleep in ditches, but I don't think I could handle it any more.

What I'm really concerned with, though, is not people submitting to bujidom, but apparently deluding themselves into believing it's not a prison. After all, inmates can do good works, sometimes, sabotaging or deflecting the power of the system, but they have to remember where they are and help others escape when possible.