Scarcity

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Mon Apr 9 08:28:31 PDT 2001

You said that the Sahlins position (and presumably similar ones) is "_profoundly_ anti-Marxist". That is a strong statement. Instead of childish sarcasm, why don't you just reply to the argument that Marx was increasingly moving in a direction that would seem to make your position overstated? Mat

-----Original Message----- From: Justin Schwartz [mailto:jkschw at hotmail.com] Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 9:52 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: Scarcity

So, if I say Marx liked one thing in particular about capitalism, then it follows that he thought that capitalism was the greatest thing ever, and that I deny he was appalled by its excesses? That's an interesting hermeneutic principle: whoever says he likes anything about p likes everythinf about p. Hm. Never thought of that. --jks