AAAS

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon Apr 9 12:32:40 PDT 2001

Michael Perelman wrote:

> Could the ongoing discussion of job losses here be a leading economic
> indicator?

If you need more evidence, just let me say that many of the tech workers that I know have recently been laid off.

Some of us in D.C. have started up a weekly lunch meeting for local "radical disgruntled tech workers." It's sponsored by the IWW, but any tech worker is welcome to join. We meet Wednesdays at 12:30 pm at the food court in the Old Post Office Pavilion on Pennsylvania Ave. Nearest Metro is Federal Triangle and you can find us on the second seating tier above the food court, on the right side.

I hear the local tech market is tightening up, but I haven't applied to enough jobs to have any gage of that.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe