AAAS

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 9 15:33:07 PDT 2001

Another anecdote about Woody Guthrie. Around 1940 or so he appeared at a restaurant on the top floor of the Rockefeller Bldg. in Manhattan for a bunch of well coifed boooorrrjjjwwwaaaahhh. I think with Leadbelly. When challenged afterwards by Party comrades he said, "Left Wing, Right Wing, Chicken Wing!" Gotta pay the rent. Jane Fonda gave a similiar answer to criticism in the 70's from ascetic types that objected to her getting millions for each role. She said (paraphrase) what? then I'll not be able to give away tons of it to left-liberal causes (like Tom's campagns) and the studio head finks will be even richer at my expense and that of the causes I support. Think I got that Guthrie story from a book on Guthrie, John Lennon, Bob Dylan and Springsteen. Time to see if I can filch 41 Shots by Bruce from the new live album on Diallo from http://www.winmx.com/v180/prodnews/index.html a napster rip off. (As Allan Sherman said on, "My Son The Folk Singer!, " a genuine copy of a fake on the Jump Down Spin Around parody). Doug's gotta pay the rent, too, but, I want my napster too! Though more than willing to pay some subscription fee, but, would prefer that say a buck a download went direct to the artists rather than EMI. Michael Pugliese

Sex Pistols>>EMI (UNLIMITED EDITION)

There's an unlimited supply and there is no reason why I tell you it was all a frame they only did it cos the fame ! Who ?

E.M.I

Too many people had the suss too many people support us An unlimited amount too many out lets in and out Who ?

E.M.I

And sir and friends are crucified a day they wish that we had died we are an addition We are ruled by none

Never Ever NEVERRRRRRAAA

And you thought that we were faking that we were all just money making You do not believe we're for real or you would lose your cheap appeal ?

Don't judge a book by the cover Unless you cover just another And blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools who stand in line Like

E.M.I

Unlimited edition with an unlimited supply that was the only reason we all had to say goodbye !

Unlimited supply there is no reason why I tell you it was all a frame they only did it cos the fame ! I do not need the pressure I can't stand the useless fools ! Unlimited supply Hallo E.M.I Goodbye A & M

http://www.toadshow.com.au/rob/music/g_parker_lyrics_chords/04_squeezing_spa rks/merc_poison.htm Mercury Poisoning Graham Parker

INTRO C C C G Bb F C G Bb F

C G Bb F C G Bb F No more pretending now, the albatross is dying in its nest C G The company is crippling me, Bb F Am Am the worst trying to ruin the best, the best Bb C Their promotion's so lame Bb C They could never ever take it to the real ball game F G Maybe they think I'm a pet F Well I've got all the diseases G G G I'm breaking out in sweat, you bet, because

CHORUS C G Bb F I got, Mercury poisoning C G Bb F It's fatal and it don't get better C G Bb F I got, Mercury poisoning Bb C G Bb F C G Bb F The best kept secret in the we--est, hey the we--est

The boys and me are getting real well known around town But every time we try to spread the action Someone always brings it down, down I ate the orange and I don't feel well For them it's inconvenience for me it's hell The geriatric staff think we're freaks They couldn't sell kebabs to the Greeks, the geeks Inaction speaks, and

CHORUS

BRIDGE Am G Am G Is this a Russian conspiracy, no it's just idiocy F G Is this a Chinese burn Am G Am G I gotta dinosaur for a representative F G It's got a small brain and refuses to learn

Bb F G Their promotion's so lame Bb F G They could never ever take it to the real ball game F G Listen I ain't a pet F G I aint a token hipster, in your monopoly set G You bet because

CHORUS, plus

Yeah the best kept secret in the west The best kept secret in the west

http://www.livemarley.com/higgs.html "Life of Contradiction," could not find the lyrics on the net, damn