redeploying server farms

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Tue Apr 10 03:39:13 PDT 2001

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Yeah, but the whole idea of selling stuff on the web has taken a
> rather serious blow, no?

Yes, in some respects. But one of the big buzzwords right now is "B2B", "business to business": using the internet to transact with other corporations. The company I work for is brick and mortar, and we are NOT selling a thing over the web, but are using the web to interact with customers, suppliers, and distributors in ways that were formerly handled by fax machines, snail mail, and phone calls. This may be the next wave Jordan mentioned.

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

-George Washington