The left: still dying (was Re: European Unions)

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 10 08:30:31 PDT 2001

>I'm not even a red-diaper baby and somehow I know all of this old left
folkie shit.

John Lacny

See the book by Robbie Lieberson published by Univ. of Illinois Press on folk songs and the left. "My Song is My Weapon": People's Songs, American Communism, and the Politics of Culture." Much better than the R. Serge Denisoff volume. also a newish bio of Lee Hays from The Weavers.And for a howler see the screed by David A. Noebel (co-author with Tim LeHaye of a new betseller, "Mind Siege, "blurbed by Rep. Asa Hutchison, one of the House Impeachment floor mgrs.), "The Marxist Minstrels, " and, The Beatles: A Study in Drugs, Sex and Revolution." Michael Pugliese