Scarcity

Eric Beck rayrena at thing.net
Tue Apr 10 12:28:52 PDT 2001

Kelley Walker wrote:

>no. i simply _won't_ stand for it. not again. enough is enough. we cannot
>have yet one more convo about progress and capitalism. like the "defining
>surplus value" thread it happens over and over again, like some kind of
>obsessive-compulsive ritual! STOP THE INSANTIY!

I'm having visions of the future:

[Joined in progress]

Doug Henwood: Oh sure, why don't we all just go back to our caves and roast antelope shanks over an open fire.

Yoshie Furuhashi: I think _most_ LBO-talkers, & _most_ leftists, secretly want to have sex with antelope shanks. They obviously _haven't_ read the _Grundrisse_.

Dennis Perrin: Isn't that just like you, Yoshie, to hide behind your obfuscatory academic jargon when you should be out slinging slop with the working class, like I do.

Doug Henwood: Primitivist!!

Carl Remick: In the good old days, we didn't have technology.

Carrol Cox: Carl, don't be a dumbfuck piece-of-shit thickheaded stupidshit jackass.

Yoshie Furuhashi: Workers of the world, unite _around_ technology & stop _the_ raping of the Earth!!

(((((((((((((((((((

Charles Brown: Marx called the Earth a woman . I think I ' m going to ask her for a date .

James Heartfield: Anyone who questions technology or doubts my version of science in any way is obviously an elitist who hates the working class.

Michael Pugliese: The Unabomber ( hey, does anyone know whatever happened to Lyndon LaRouche)

Doug Henwood: Primitivist!!

Dennis Redmond: If we get rid of technology, anime will be destroyed and the keiretsu will suffer. Plus, I'll have to go back to watching Warner Bros. toons and playing Dungeons & Dragons. And to borrow from Adorno, that's a real bummer.

Chip Berlet: People who question technology are obviously right-wing populists.

Nathan Newman: The Democrats will save technology and give it to everyone for free. Anyone who doubts that is just being lefter-than-thou.

Peter Kilander: In Fight Club, they used technology to blow up technology.

Doug Henwood: Primitivist!!

Etc.