Cockburn's Cookie

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 10 13:28:12 PDT 2001

This is the sort of linguistic prudery that makes "PC" such an effective propaganda charge amongst working-class Americans.

If we wish to speak of political substance rather than ethnic symbols, we might recall that it was this same Cockburn who objected -- scandalously, to right-thinking liberals -- to the element of racism ("yellow peril") involved in the opposition to China's inclusion in the WTO.

--CGE