fable of keiretsu

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Apr 10 22:29:08 PDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Doug Henwood crossposted:

> "The Fable of the Keiretsu"
>
> BY: YOSHIRO MIWA
> University of Tokyo
> J. MARK RAMSEYER
> Harvard Law School

(*Chuckle*). I'm in the wrong business; in lit studies, you have to hve read the latest research, account for your methods, know a bit about Jameson, Bourdieu, feminism, etc. But when you're an economist, you can use data-sets from 1965 to prove that economic structures in 2001 don't exist. They don't even use the shareholding figures from Toyo Keizai, available in any college library, or mention the role of the keiretsu trading groups. I've seen better research work from my undergrads, frankly.

Proof, as if we needed it, that vampires can't see their own reflections.

-- Dennis