lbo-talk-digest V1 #4196

Chris Doss chrisd at russiajournal.com
Tue Apr 10 23:14:22 PDT 2001

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:21:55 -0400 From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Subject: RE: lbo-talk-digest V1 #4193

Chris Doss wrote:

>Matt Taibbi and Mark Ames are egomaniacs who do way too much speed, but the
>media criticism at the eXile is priceless. Normally I would think tossing a
>pie full of horse semen at someone would be just a tad over the line, but
>Wines really is a rat bastard.

The crap he wrote apologizing for Suharto & the CIA which Taibbi quotes in that piece is amazing. He deserves a lot more than a face full of horse cum for it.

>Chris Doss
>The Russia Journal

So what's the Russia Journal?

Doug

The Russia Journal is a business-oriented (ugh) English-language newspaper headquartered in Moscow, where I am gainfully employed as a writer of Pulitzer-prize winning discotheque reviews and the occasional report on Russian politics (was at a really enlightening press conference with my hero Gorbachev a while ago, actually. Gorby is very pro-Putin, as an aside).

Incidentally, I can tell you for a fact that 90% of English-language reporting on Russia is absolute bullshit. They have gotten this whole NTV thing completely wrong.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal -