Scarcity

brettk at unicacorp.com brettk at unicacorp.com
Wed Apr 11 13:51:27 PDT 2001

>right. under conditions of alienation you claim that no one seems
>particularly inventive or interested in work etc. sooprize sooprize
>sooprize sarge.

Yes, exactly. And so the question becomes, if we get rid of those conditions, what will people want to do? Perhaps they will want to do the same things. Perhaps there will be a surge in innovation as people take more interest in their work. That would be wonderful. Or maybe they'll prefer to sleep in. When not coerced into working for others, people might decide high tech isn't worth the effort. That would be wonderful too.

Brett