> Scaife 'n' Snitch (and the Hitch)

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Thu Apr 12 05:54:27 PDT 2001

Michael P., I'm still around. I'd be interested to learn who's behind mediawhoresonline.com. Salon.com got the ball rolling by providing a link to it. And of course Salon.com provides Horowitz with an important platform. Why aren't people taking on Salon.com??? One of the the things I love about Suck.com is that they'll tear into Salon every now and then. (Granted, Salon.com does run a decent piece every now and then, like the interview with Doug)

I had dinner and drinks the other night with Hitchens, Tom Frank, and Bill Ayers, former SDSer and husband of Bernardine Dohrn, among other people. Studs Terkel was supposed to show but didn't. Hitchens says he plans on challenging Horowitz to a debate - I believe he said via Vanity Fair - and in effect call him on it. But I seem to remember reading on this list that another non-black challenged Horowitz and he declined.

Have you read his new book Unacknowledged Legislation? The Trial of Henry Kissinger is out now. They decided not to go with the photo of Henry with his finger up his nose.

best, Peter

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net> To: lbo <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Cc: Scott McLemee <mclemee at igc.org>; Dan Benbow <danbenbow at hotmail.com> Date: Monday, April 09, 2001 7:33 PM Subject: Fw: > Scaife 'n' Snitch (and the Hitch)

> Say it ain't so Hitch... www.mediawhoresonline.com
>Peter Kilander, you still around? http://www.enteract.com/~peterk/
>Speaking to the Judicial Watch convention, now this? Is this Stalinesque
>fascist baiting? Defensiveness of a Liberal Democrat pissed at Christopher
>for the book on the Clinton's?The book by Conason and Lyons has lotsa stuff
>on the Arkansas Project, should read now that it is pb. And a new book by
>poli sci guy, Peter Merkl (expertise Euro far right), on the impeachment,
>might have some useful data on Scaife. Seem to remember a good piece in
CJR,