Cincy Uprising

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Apr 12 11:01:43 PDT 2001

> That seems to be a rational response in a right-to-bear-arms
> society. If I were a cop, I would do the exact same thing when
> facing an over-armed population: shoot first, ask questions later.

That would just reflect poorly on you, your department, and ultimately your Mayor: it would show clearly how little training you've had. The proper use of excessive force is something _can_ be learned and trained for; there are agencies who do provide this kind of training to their officers and you'll never see them "shooting first and asking questions later" ... it's expensive and it takes time, but hey, I bet the Mayor of Cincinatti now feels like he should have spent the money.

The fact that many officers (and prison guards too) haven't received the proper training to do their jobs is scary; it's not at all rational.

/jordan