taxes

Kelley Walker kelley at interpactinc.com
Thu Apr 12 16:25:13 PDT 2001

apologies for that major typo. altho i quickly corrected i wasn't clear enough since folks have continued to think i'm asking about taxes under capitalism. i wanted to know about what mat calls postcap and i specifically wanted someone to attend to marx's writings and address it _theoretically_.

my contention is that taxes, as marx wrote in Critique of the Gotha Programme, are an effect of class society. we only need them because of class society. there is no need for income taxes under an anarcho marxist future where there is very little need for monies to support a state.

and, basically, i'm asking why people don't address this topic more often

>the real question is not whether there will be or should be taxes under
>postcapitalist society, but whether there will be or must be MONEY in same.
>here, the anarchist collectives during the spanish revolution are
>informative. if i were fluent in spanish and had to write a dissertation
>today, this would be a top possibility.

oiy! ok. you obviously know more than me about this money bizzo. what is wrong with money?