Buffalo Convergence Center

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 19:21:29 PDT 2001

Go to www.a22buffalo.org for the most up to date information on Buffalo actions

BUFFALO CONVERGENCE SPACE OPEN! www.a22buffalo.org buffaloactivist at yahoo.com

Beginning Monday April 16th the convergence space for the anti-FTAA/corporate globalization activities in Buffalo will be opening its doors. The space will be the welcome center for traveling activists, supporters, or folks passing thru to Quebec City. It will also be the central hub of communications for the week of events where anyone can get information, network and relax. You can also come and grab a bite to eat, take in a few workshops on media training, non-violent civil disobedience, puppet and banner making. Plus get hooked into the spokes council gatherings and all of the involved affinity groups.

The convergence center is also providing DLS Internet access and a Free Speech TV viewing station will be open with its radical media fare playing non-stop. So here are the details (spell-checked too ;D):

Where is it?

Squeaky Wheel 175 Elmwood Ave Buffalo, NY 14201 www.squeaky.org 716.884.7172

The hours of operation will be:

Monday 16th 12pm- 5pm Tuesday 17th - Thursday 19th 12pm-7pm Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd 9am-9pm

Parking:

There is street parking around the convergence space. Folks running the space will be able to direct people to additional spaces around the downtown. So please check inside.

Directions from the thruway:

>From the south:
>From I-90 bear right on ramp at sign reading "Exit 53 I-190 to Downtown
Buffalo / Canada" and go North for 0.5 miles. Continue on New York State Thwy,Gov Thomas E Dewey Thwy,I-190 and go West for 6 miles. Bear right on ramp at sign reading "Exit 8 RT-266 Niagara St" and go Northeast for 0.4 miles. Turn left on Niagara St,RT-266 and go Northwest for 0.7 miles. Turn right on Porter Ave and go East for 0.6 miles. Continue on North St and go East for 0.2 miles. Turn right on Elmwood Ave and go South for 300 feet to 175 Elmwood Ave.

>From the west:
>From I-90 bear right on ramp at sign reading "Exit 51W RT-33 W to Buffalo"
and go Southwest for 0.4 miles. Turn right on RT-33,Kensington Expy and go Southwest for 6 miles. Bear right on ramp at sign reading "Goodell St and RT-33 W" and go West for 700 feet. Continue on Goodell St and go West for 0.3 miles. Turn right on Main St,RT-5 and go North for 0.3 miles. Turn left on Allen St and go West for 0.4 miles. Turn right on Elmwood Ave and go North for 800 feet to 174 Elmwood Ave

>From Canada (good luck):
>From the QEW take the Peace Bridge. PEACE BRIDGE becomes MOORE DR..Turn
SLIGHT RIGHT. Turn LEFT onto BAIRD DR. Turn LEFT onto PORTER AVE. PORTER AVE becomes NORTH ST. Turn RIGHT onto ELMWOOD AVE.

See you then!

(Thank you Squeaky Wheel for your help and space)