Cincy Uprising

Kelley Walker kelley at interpactinc.com
Thu Apr 12 22:51:10 PDT 2001

At 12:51 AM 4/13/01 -0400, Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema wrote:

>Kelley Walker wrote:
>
>i open door a crack, finally. guess
>
> > where sizzlean was? he was NOT standing in front of the peep hole.
>
>Part of their training is to stand to one side. You might let them have both
>barrels of your shotgun through the door if they didn't. I've been with them
>under such circumstances when they've explained this.
>Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema

which circumstances would that be? when they are on a routine noise ordinance violation? this makes no sense. they are assuming that the person inside is going to shoot because they are cops? what?

how many times has a cop been shot when knocking on a door during a routine noise ordinance violation? i'll betcha the number of times approaches zip zero zilch nada.

i've witnessed cops calling on homes for similar reasons in neighborhoods with only slighty higher incomes. cops don't try to hide when they visit those neighborhoods. furthermore, i've also seen them place their finger over the peep hole. twice to me and everyone i know here has had them do the same for all sorts of reasons. two years ago, they came on a noise ord call, tho it was not actually a violation. it was a problem with the AC that made the neighbor think i was blasting music when i was not. guess what they did then? they conned my kid and his friend into telling me that it was them. meanwhile they plastered themselves against the wall. after i opened door for my kid, they blasted in behind him with flashlight glaring in my face at 7 pm. was that warranted chris? NO. they only did it b/c of the neighborhood. i live in Florida, btw. one of the frontlines of the war on the poor.

furthermore, in suburban neighborhoods they _can't_ hide. the point jordan and yoshie made was this training and this procedure is statistically unwarranted. it was a lousy noise ordinance violation. my point to woj was: look how they behave under conditions when they _shouldn't_ expect that a gun is around.

also, if i had asked they would have had to identify themselves, by law. if they don't they are breaking the law. i still could have come out after them with a gun, especially knowing they are cops. if some wacko is inside with a trigger finger just itching to shoot someone, he w therefore, the thing to do is to treat us as innocent until proven guilty, not to be ready to draw. what if it were 9 on a summer night. what if they were playing water guns? what if my kid or another came barreling out of the house thinking that the knock was his friend playing water guns and he wanted to surprise my son. a lot of weird what ifs you say? so is the "what if" entertained by the cop at the doors of people in this neighborhood.

if the sizzlean have a trigger brain and assume that they need to be cautious because i might be a wild cop killer (how many of them are there anyway, realistically?), then trigger brain probably has a trigger finger.

like i said: the fuzz takes a bullet.