Bare Market

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 06:39:53 PDT 2001

FT blocks page three nude ad

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_243124.html?menu=news.quirkies

The Financial Times has blocked a page three advert for a bank featuring a topless model.

A firm called the Bank booked the page - then submitted the risque advert.

The paper refused to accept the advert that was due to appear today.

The advert featured a topless woman with the words: "The art of selling in a bare market."

Stuart Bradbury, business development manager of the Bank, described the advert as 'tasteful' and criticised the paper for setting itself up as a moral arbiter.

An FT spokeswoman confirmed the paper had banned the advert - and said the Bank's submission of a topless woman was a publicity stunt.

She told Ananova: "We have a page three in the FT every single day - but it's not the same page three as we all know and love in other papers."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_243124.html?menu=news.quirkies