A Smaller I.R.S. Gives Up on Billions in Back Taxes

Steve Grube grube at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 13 10:01:31 PDT 2001

Isn't this further evidence of the classic trick of conservative lawmakers to not fund agencies that they don't like? (OSHA, NLRB, USDA, etc, etc.) They can say they support certain legislation, even schools, but when you look at the day-to-day operations, many of these agencies are just flailing when it comes to performance. Finally, good people in these institutions get fed up and leave... then you do have a management crisis on top of the basic funding problems. -sg