Cincy Uprising

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Fri Apr 13 08:21:54 PDT 2001

sokol at jhu.edu 04/12/01 01:03PM >>>
> That seems to be a rational response in a right-to-bear-arms society. If I
> were a cop, I would do the exact same thing when facing an over-armed
> population: shoot first, ask questions later. Bitching about 'police
> brutality' misses the point that this society first needs to be disarmed
> (2nd CA notwithstanding) if we are to expect more civil forms of policing.

Charles Brown:
> CB: That's the tail wagging the dog. The police , protectors
> of private property, and the state are not legitimate. The
> working masses are the source of all legitimate power. All
> power to the People ! Speak power in the streets.

So, given that, at least in the forseeable future, (1) racial division appears ineradicable, (2) guns are plentiful, (3) the police are heavily armed with considerable political support; and that the result of this set of conditions is that Black people are regularly popped off and generally kicked around: should the Black people of Cincinnati consider forming armed self-defense militias and committees of correspondence? It seems that moral suasion, protests, demonstrations, voting, and lawsuits don't do the trick, whereas rioting and looting do get a certain amount of attention, indicating that these more closely approximate the natural language of the established order.