> Scaife 'n' Snitch (and the Hitch)

John Gulick jlgulick at sfo.com
Sat Apr 14 19:11:14 PDT 2001

Michael,

This isn't by any stretch my terrain of expertise, but ...

... that the allegations against Hitchens may or may not be true, and that Hitchens undeniably practices a shabby brand of palace intrigue journalism masquerading as critical thought, _does not_ mean that the jokers at "mediawhoresonline.com" are not shameless defenders of Clintonian corporate liberalism. Your post prompted me to visit their web site -- what a load of smug garbage. Their most stirring critique of the paleocons is that the Dow (and hence their mutual funds) has tanked since they usurped state power. (Oh, they also seem _embarrassed_ that the U.S. is now the "laughingstock of the world"). These self- righteous idiots do little other than confirm that Clinton loyalists are a bunch of navel-gazing bicoastal BMW drivers and chardonnay- sippers. The only public service they perform is to call a reactionary capitalist coup a coup and to remind us how narrow the political spectrum in this sorry-ass country is.

Don't even get me started on how the Willie Brown and his hangers-on are launching an "identity politics"-type smear campaign against all genuinely left-wing criticims of their policies as being "racist" (did you see that outrageous hit piece by Hinckle in today's Examiner ?).

John Gulick