pre-capitalist sex

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Mon Apr 16 12:48:13 PDT 2001

Kelley's criticism of my criticisms is legitimate, except that it doesn't really apply to the discussion of Wolfe, whose book clearly goes beyond simple depiction of his subjects or nonjudgmental expression of their views. I'm not against ethnographic research. It has its place and is fine so long as it keeps a clear distinction between its legitimate scope and special pleading. Perhaps as a social worker with an interest in social policy I am more attuned to what arguments Wolfe actually is covertly making. Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema