slander of my beloved affiliate on your elist

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Apr 17 13:04:23 PDT 2001

It is true- watching the nursing home struggle, you have to understand how pathetic and nasty the state has been. Basically, the workers staged a one-day walkout, then were locked out for a week as punishment for striking, using state funds to illegally hire replacements, then concocting all this shit against the workers. Maybe some of it is true, but the media just swallowed it whole without any formal documentation while largely ignoring the much more serious accusation of illegal use of government funds for strike-breaking.

-- Nathan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 3:46 PM Subject: Re: slander of my beloved affiliate on your elist

A union friend of mine happened to read Marta Russell's post (appended below), and responded: