> Scaife 'n' Snitch (and the Hitch)

Rakesh Narpat Bhandari rakeshb at Stanford.EDU
Tue Apr 17 15:26:08 PDT 2001

>Why Jan it's good to have you back, we've missed you. :-)
>
>Ian

Let's not forget that Carrol accused me of saying the stupidest of things and intimated that my putative support for the WTO (which we know from LBO is not an offshoot of American imperialism given how it has been starved of funds) revealed some kind of mental disturbance.

Since I cross his idiosyncratic classificatory divisions (right/neoclassical economics/free trade v left/Marxist/pro Seattle), I am not only an anomaly but must be sick or disturbed in Carrol's estimation.

When Carrol is not uttering platitudes which are always only meant to close off discussion, he is attempting to lay out his grid of classifications into which everyone must fit. And then oblivious to the fact that no one himself included really does fit.

So we have Carrol declaring that the American left must take the leadership of blacks if it is not be objectively racist, but blacks voted overwhelmingly for Gore, yet for Carrol anyone who voted for Gore is an objective racist. Go figure.

Rakesh