no left left

Rakesh Narpat Bhandari rakeshb at Stanford.EDU
Tue Apr 17 15:25:11 PDT 2001

Doug forwarded:

>The Philadelphia Inquirer - April 16, 2001
>
>Joe Lieberman, who big party contributors believe is eyeing his own
>run for the White House in 2004, is attacking Bush's tax cut for
>diverting resources from the military buildup America needs.

Well yes but the point remains that Star Wars was not actively pursued for eight years under the Democrats, no? Maybe Gore and Lieberman would have used a bigger military budget for an anti ballistic missle system--I don't know. But there is no doubt that with Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney. And I maintain there was an appreciably better chance of not going forward had Gore taken office. Isn't it something that the South Koreans have voiced opposition to American military strategy? At any rate, on what exactly does Lieberman want to spend money?

Rakesh