slander of my beloved affiliate on your elist

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Apr 17 16:59:28 PDT 2001

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Undoubtedly the disabled are often abused, but who commits such
> abuses most often -- family members, acquaintances, strangers,
> unionized care-giving workers, non-unionized care-giving workers, or
> scabs? The report above doesn't make that clear.

No, this report does not and I don't know if Dan has broken it down into the categories you list. I do know that Dick Sobsey who is the foremost expert of disability and abuse believes that abuse is worse in institutions and that getting people out of them into a self determined environment like one's own home would greatly reduce the abuse that goes on.

Marta