Translation

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Wed Apr 18 06:00:03 PDT 2001

I don't think anybody's ever translated Engels' "Von Paris nach Bern," a description of his walking tour of eastern France in 1848. I've often thought that the question of the peasantry is always in the background of Marx and Engels' thought, but they seldom discuss it as directly as would be desirable. Some of Engels' thoughts about this come through here. It's at the end of Volume 5 of the MARX-ENGELS WERKE. Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema