Hentoff on Horowitz

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed Apr 18 08:10:07 PDT 2001

> Nat Hentoff? A man opposed to women's right to abortion -- an
> essential part of reproductive freedoms -- like Hentoff doesn't have
> much to say to me about freedom of any kind. Women who die from
> unsafe & illegal abortions or unsafe childbirths from unwanted
> pregnancies don't have any voice, much less freedom of speech.
>
> Yoshie

I knew you'd take the bait, Yosh. Always near the surface, darting at bright lures.

Actually, though I agree here with Hentoff (in essence; he has a tendency to puff his chest a bit too much), I think Hentoff is, over all, a lazy fraud -- not only regarding choice, but with a variety of issues. He doesn't even make the best case here. Still, I couldn't resist tossing my line in the water. Are you a Pieces?

DP