Poor me

Chris Doss chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Apr 18 10:16:17 PDT 2001

Anybody out there know what happens if I default on my unpayable student loan? Credit destroyed? Life ruined? First-boen child sacrificed to Baal?

The funny thing is that, while I earn a pretty damn good living by Russian standards, I would probably meet the US definition of grinding poverty based on salary.

By the way, incomes in Russia are a lot higher than the official figures. I would guess average wage in Moscow is three or four times higher than the official statistics say.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal