no left left

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Apr 19 06:48:10 PDT 2001

>The Philadelphia Inquirer - April 16, 2001
>
>Reaction to Bush victories indicates there is no more 'left' in U.S. politics
>
>By Matthew Miller

A good, well written piece...

I remember Matt when he was (like me) a brave, bold New Democrat, eager to rebuild confidence in government by making it *work*, making it *efficient*, and--as Alice Rivlin's special assistant--boldly searching for sacred oxen to gore.

Now eight years of Clintonite waffling and the continued ascendant Gramscian hegemony of the right have clearly driven him stark raving mad...

:-)

Brad DeLong