Fwd: A20 NEFAC RED ALERT. Anarchists Arrested.

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Fri Apr 20 19:17:54 PDT 2001

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Fwd: A20 NEFAC RED ALERT Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:58:59 -0500 (EST)

Forward From: Nicolas Phébus <nicolasphebus at yahoo.com>

A20 NEFAC RED ALERT - To all our anarchists comrades

the world over

Summit of the Americas

Several anarchists arrested

We need urgent support

Quebec, april 20th [5h30] - Several anarchists,

including at least one NEFAC member and Jaggi Singh,

where arrested today before and during the A20 days of

actions. We now know for sure that one of Emile-Henry

member was arrested earlyer today before the beggining

of the actions (possibly with another NEFAC member)

and charged at least with "conspiracy to commit

mischief". Several other black blockers where arrested

during the action this afternoon and Jaggi Singh was

arrest on St-Jean street (wich was a totaly peacefull

green zone). We now fear that our comrades will be

considered "leaders" of today succesfull distruption

of the summit (the wall was teared down) and blamed

for everything. The police is looking for scapegoats.

These arrest add up to seven other arrests made

earlyer this week.

We call on all anarchist the world over to put

pressure on canadian ambassy and consulate NOW.

We also call a world wide support demo Monday morning

(they are going to court then).

We'll try to keep you up to date

In solidarity

Nicolas Phébus

Groupe anarchiste Émile-Henry (NEFAC-Québec)

Secrétariat québécois de la Fédération des

anarcho-communistes du Nord-Est.

=====

| Groupe Anarchiste Émile-Henry (à Québec) : |

| http://www3.sympatico.ca/emile.henry/eh.htm |

| Membre de la NEFAC - http://www.nefac.org |