Student Loans & Bankruptcies (was Re: creative financing)

Catherine McDonald c.m at graffiti.net
Sat Apr 21 04:00:55 PDT 2001

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>The majority of murderers & pedophiles go regularly unpunished today.
>E.g., those who price food, clean water, medicines, & other
>necessities out of the hands of the poor; those who refuse to make
>safety equipment & procedures available to workers & consumers; those
>who order wars & economic sanctions; those who kill with governments'
>approval; sex tourists who patronize young prostitutes in poor
>nations, etc.

As a mother, I always worry about food, clothing and shelter for my children, but I cannot protect them from abductors, rapists or other predators who should be shot after their fair trial. Of all of these we've named, do you count yourself as one? Like that horrid man Carol, do you think they should be allowed to roam free and do as they wish with nothing done by the police? I don't know if what you say is the truth or not, I have no experience with sanctions or sex tourists, but if some nation is deserving, shouldn't they receive sanctions?

I must surely be in the wrong place, if murderers, rapists and pedophiles are defended here. That is a Japanese name, isn't it? Yoshie? Do you have children? What do the authorities in Japan do with murderers and rapists and pedophiles? I just finished a book that described the soap houses in Japan. Isn't that the same sort of prostitution? Is it alright if it isn't in a poor nation, if the sex tourist can afford it? Have you ever worked in any of them?

Catherine