CLC = DA

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Sat Apr 21 22:52:38 PDT 2001

> Judy Rebeck reports to ZNet:
>
> >One of the most extraordinary developments on Friday was the
> >formation of a Canadian Labour Movement affinity group. Affiliates of
> >the Canadian Labour Congress formally decided to join the direct action.
>
> Wow. What's next, John Sweeney twinkling? Does anyone know anything
> more about this? And the CLC's relation to the movement in general?
>
> Doug
********

Talk to Jeff Keigley or Sid Shniad. I didn't get a chance to talk to Jeff today and I think Sid was in Q, but folks in Blaine were ecstatic about how much easier it was to get labor to sign on to actions. Summer '99 was worse than pulling teeth...We may not get JS but let's think about his successor[s] :-)

Ian