Stop the Tuition Hike! -- Walkout on April 25 in Columbus, OH

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Apr 22 07:33:41 PDT 2001

***** STOP THE TUITION HIKE! Demand Increased Funding for Higher Education!

Students, Staff, & Faculty WALKOUT Wednesday, April 25th, 10:30 a.m. Rally at 15th Ave. & High St., 10:45 a.m. March to the State Capital, 11:00 a.m.

It's time to make the Ohio State University, & the other public Universities in Ohio, what they are supposed to be -- institutions of higher education for ALL the people of Ohio, not just the wealthy. The state is planning to decrease its funding for higher education. Guess where OSU's budget shortfall will be covered from. That's right -- from your pocket & your parents' pocket, and from that fat loan hanging over your head after graduation. Sick of mortgaging your future?

Are you sick of working 50 hours a week to pay for an education? Tired of watching your loans pile up?

Then it's time to say

"Enough is Enough!"

Students! Walk out of class at 10:30 a.m. on April 25th and join community members and students from across the state of Ohio in marching to the statehouse.

We are asking University employees to join us. We invite High School students who want an affordable OSU education to join us.

We are asking concerned faculty members to join our march in cap & gown.

As an educational community, we need to show the Legislature and the administration that we do not support higher tuition! We want this university to return to its core mission -- educating the people of Ohio.

We need an OSU for ALL the people of Ohio!