Officers Charged for Kosovo Killings/Rugova associate shot dead

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 24 21:14:55 PDT 2001

Can we indict the Joint Chiefs of Staff next?

Doug

Well if a committee of the caliber and integrity of the Bertrand Russell Tribunal in '67 could be assembled, sure. Who are today's Sartre's?

Just a few points. I'm glad the Serbs are dealing with this. Sure under the duress of not getting IMF/WB and EU and US Agency for Int'l. Development funds if they don't. But, without beginning to come to a recognition of the war crimes of the earlier period from '92-'95 in Bosnia, under the direction of Milosevic,Karazdic, Seslj, Arkan and Mladic and the gangster paramilitaries, in which 200,000 died, it is difficult to say that any reckoning with the tragedies later from late '98, to both civilians in Kosovo and Serbia during the NATO bombing, will come about.

(And recent stories on the Krajina ethnic cleansing in '95 and the new Croat regime show a reckoning beginning there on the Tudjman era.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/World/Croatia http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_1293000/1293486.stm )

To return to Doug's earlier point. It would be hard not to come to some atrocious, ghoulish # of dead due to Joint Chiefs of Staff under LBJ and RMN, adding Robert McNamara, Walt Whitman Rostow, Eugene Victor Debs Rostow, and all the rest of that crew, just for the Vietnam War. 2.8 million Vietnamese dead in estimates I've seen. Add hundreds of thousands for Guatemala post '54 and all ther other interventions and sanctions regimes in the last decades. Of coarse, all this forms a crucial background to radical and progressive considerations about the crimes of our rulers.

Michael Pugliese