the bull is back

Bob Morris bobmorris at mediaone.net
Wed Apr 25 08:26:44 PDT 2001

> The flawed deregulation plan was also price gouging.
It was written by the utilities.

I agree. The dereg bill passed almost unanimously, with both parties thinking it was just swell. Then the utilities vacuumed the money out, seeing the writing on the wall. Generators gamed the system. Gov. Davis says everything is just fine darn it.

Meanwhile, it appears Edison will file (or be forced to file) bankruptcy, the State's bond rating was just downgraded, and the cold weather appears to be over, with hot weather just round the corner. Oh, and gasoline prices are spiking upwards too.

Yes, there are thieves and fools everywhere. Question is, what do we do?

I'm looking forward to my week vacation in Vermont the end of June, I hear it's one of those technologically advanced states where the electricity is stable and plentiful.