Creeping up on fascism, ehh Justin

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Wed Apr 25 14:00:48 PDT 2001

Wojtek Sokolowski:
> I was also watching a discussion of that ruling on a "commercial" site
> (yahoo.com) - over 200 postings expressed different shades of the same
> sentiment, namely that Amerika is becoming a police state. One of the
> most interesting observations noted that this ruling crossed th eline
> between the underclass and middle class. Th efact that a middle class
> person can be busted in the same way as an underclass person can have a
> serious effect of pissing off large numbers of people.

In spite of all the raging on the Net and like venues, police power has been expanding pretty consistently over the last several years without provoking any significant resistance among the people. I take this sad fact to indicate that the politics of the Police State remain very popular. I suppose there's some great Fear roaming loose in the land now the Evil can't be located in foreign devils.