Krugman: The Anti-Liquidationist Manifesto

Uday Mohan udaym at igc.org
Wed Apr 25 21:54:58 PDT 2001

Thanks to all who replied on the corporations as people thread.

Applying Krugman's logic below to developing countries that have surpluses in certain goods because of "weak demand" (as, eg, India has in staple crops), would mean that these countries too should avoid structural adjustment reforms that are supposedly meant to squeeze the life ... I mean, squeeze greater efficiency out of their economies. Uday