QUEBEC CRACKPOTS

Andrew Flood andrewflood at eircom.net
Thu Apr 26 09:13:55 PDT 2001

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>Subject: Re: QUEBEC CRACKPOTS

>>If we got
>>rid of the World Bank, what sort of alternative should there be, if any?

>Why do you have to sketch it out in detail? Get rid of the damn thing
>because it's a prime agency of imperialism. In its absence, who knows
>what would happen? At least it would give the neo-colonized some
>breathing space.

I'd agree with Doug here. My alternative to the World Bank etc is anarchism. Anything short of this is saying that capitlaism on that international level can be made nicer and kinder. I think if we tried to agree an alternative (I mean the movement not this list) we'd simply stop working together after the resultant rows. Arguably this was the real problem with SDS etc, the attempt by farious factions to force _their_ program often in what was little more then a cynical recruitment stunt.

>From: Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>

>There was a lot of discussion everywhere -- here and on other lists
>- -- about Seattle. Perhaps novelty has worn out.

Besides, not everyone can travel the world to follow &
>protest international meetings of capital -- only activists with
>either lots of money or lots of time can.

Really this is the worst form of reactionary crap. I was asked about this fictional group of jet setting protesters by German TV in Prague while in was in the midst of several hundred East European youth who earned 200 dollars a month. There are very, very few protesters that have been to more then a copule of the demos.

Andrew

International anarchism

http://struggle.ws/inter.html

Issues-> http://struggle.ws/revolt.html Me + PGP-> http://struggle.ws/andrew.html

Fax: 001 503 218 9764 (US number as it uses Efax)