quote of the day

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Thu Apr 26 16:53:04 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelley Walker" <kelley at interpactinc.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 4:40 PM Subject: quote of the day

> In order to prevent co-operative societies from degenerating into
> ordinary...joint stock companies, all workmen employed, whether
> shareholders or not, ought to share alike. As a mere temporary expedient,
> we are willing to allow shareholders a low rate of interest.
>

> ---
> heh heh heh
> who wrote it?

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DELEGATES OF THE PROVISIONAL GENERAL COUNCIL.

THE DIFFERENT QUESTIONS by KARL MARX Written at the end of August 1866 First published in Der Vorbote Nos. 10 and 11, October and November 1866 and The International Courier Nos. 6/7, February 20, and Nos. 8/10, March 13, 1867 http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1864iwma/1866-e.htm#05