Missing in Action

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Fri Apr 27 07:34:09 PDT 2001

Yoshie Furuhashi:

> Is what Chomsky says above too subtle or too "bourgeois" for you?

Noam Chomsky certainly isn't _my_ pope. It's a sad state of affairs when someone with Chomsky's opinions is considered a far-out radical.

My basic approach to the POW/MIA cult and its manipulators is this: the higher the status a person occupies, the more likely it is that he (or she) routinely lies, cheats, steals and kills, although unlike lower-class people they usually do it through institutions rather than personally; it's safer that way. It takes only a brief reflection on the requirements of class war to see why that would tend to be the case. I don't follow Chomsky's career closely, but he seems to go around to academic institutions, gather audiences, and astound them with instances of what should be the obvious assumed default case for the exercise of State power. One wonders how often the story has to be told before someone draws the necessary conclusions. I guess it's just really very hard to penetrate bourgeois indoctrination.