... fascism...

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Apr 27 10:12:52 PDT 2001

That should have been NOT naming Michael Pollak wrote:

Michael Pollak wrote:

> One of the things about this quote is that it seems that almost everyone
> who uses it (at least in America) changes it -- not only as a parallelism,
> as Charles did (although that's been popular too) but also changing the
> original to better accord with what they think he should have said --
> moving Jews from last to first, omitting the communists, adding Catholics
> and homosexuals, etc, depending on political context.

I plead guilty. I have pointed out that he was historically incorrect by NOT naming disabled persons -- who were the first group to be gassed in hospital basements. The "patients" were amongst the first to go, though disabled persons of all kinds(with the exception of war veterans) were rounded up from their communities and brought to the hospital chambers to be killed. That is where the gassing technology was developed and later exported to Poland.

Marta